Created on 15 May, 2021 | Legal Pages | 1,450 views | 8 minutes read
Please ensure that you read these before signing up
This policy aims to explain the occasions when and why cookies may be sent to visitors to the Website (referred to in this policy as “we”, “us” or “our”). “Cookies” are text-only pieces of information that a website transfers to an individual’s hard drive or other website-browsing equipment for record-keeping purposes. Cookies allow the Website to remember important information that will make your use of the site more convenient.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small pieces of data, stored in text files, that are stored on your computer or other device when websites are loaded in a browser. They are widely used to “remember” you and your preferences, either for a single visit (through a “session cookie”) or for multiple repeat visits (using a “persistent cookie”). They ensure a consistent and efficient experience for visitors, and perform essential functions such as allowing users to register and remain logged in. Cookies may be set by the site that you are visiting (known as “first party cookies”), or by third parties, such as those who serve content or provide advertising or analytics services on the website (“third party cookies”).
Cookies allow wavy.link to serve you better and more efficiently, and to personalize your experience on our Site. Web beacons, tags and scripts may be used in the Websites or in emails to help us to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. We may analyze or perform analysis based on the use of these technologies and generate reports on an individual and aggregated basis.
Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies. A persistent cookie helps us recognize you as an existing user, so it’s easier to return to wavy.link or interact with our services without signing in again. After you sign in, a persistent cookie stays in your browser and will be read by wavy.link when you return to one of our sites. Session cookies only last for as long as the session (usually the current visit to a website or a browser session).
TYPES OF COOKIES WE MAY USE IN THIS WEBSITE
Depending on the purpose:
1. Technical cookies: these are cookies that enable the user to browse the web page, platform or application and use the different options or service on it, e.g. to control traffic and data communication, to identify the session, to access restricted web site areas, to record elements that go to make up an order, to make a subscription or an application to participate in an event, to use security elements during browsing, to store content to broadcast videos or sound or to share content over the social networks
2. Geolocation cookies: These cookies permit us to know form where the user is requesting a service. This cookie is anonymous and is used for example to offer you’re the proper information depending on the country where you are.
3. Personalization cookies: these are cookies that enable the user to access the service pursuant to certain general, pre-defined characteristics according to a range of criteria on the user’s terminal, such as e.g. language, browser type used to access the service, regional configuration from where the service is accessed, etc.
4. Analysis cookies: are those that enable its owner, monitoring and analyzing the behavior of users of the website to which they are linked. The information gathered through such cookies is used for measuring the activity of the website, platform or application and for profiling navigation of users of the website, platform or application, in order to improve the website based on those analysis.
5. Advertising cookies: these are cookies enable us to manage the offer of the advertising space on the web page as efficiently as possible, adapting the ad content to the content of the service requested or the use you make of our web page. These Third-Party Cookies are placed by third party advertising platforms or networks in order to, deliver ads and track ad performance, enable advertising networks to deliver ads that may be relevant to you based upon your activities (this is sometimes called “behavioral” “tracking” or “targeted” advertising) on the website. They may subsequently use information about your visit to target you with advertising that you may be interested in, on the wavy.link and other websites. For example, these cookies remember which browsers have visited the Website. Most types of these cookies track consumers via their Device ID or IP address therefore they may collect personal data.
6. Behavioral advertising cookies: these are cookies that enable the efficient as possible management of the advertising space available on the website. These cookies store information on user behavior from continued observation of user browsing habits, thus enabling the developing of a specific profile to show advertising consistent with the behavior in question.
7. Functionality Cookies: during your visit to the website, cookies are used to remember information you have entered or choices you make (such as your username, language or your region) on the website application. They also store your preferences when personalizing the website to optimize your use of wavy.link. These preferences are remembered, through the use of the persistent cookies, and the next time you visit the website you will not have to set them again.
8. Performance Cookies: performance cookies are used to generate aggregated, anonymous information about how you and other users use this website and its features. For instance, our performance cookies collect information about which pages on this website you visit most often, if you open or read the communications we send, which advertisements you view or interact with on this website or other websites on which our advertisements appear, and if you receive any error messages. The information collected may be used to improve users’ online experience generally, to collate statistics, or customize your online experience by showing you content we think you will like. Our performance cookies don’t collect information that identifies you personally; however, if you have a registration account with us, the information collected by us using our performance cookies may be associated with your registration account.
Depending on the duration
1. Session cookies: these are a type of cookie designed to collect and store information while the user is accessing a website. These cookies are not stored on the user’s computer when the session expires or the browser is closed.
2. Persistent cookies: these are a type of cookie in which the data continue to be stored on the user’s computer and can be accessed and processed when the user leaves the website and when he/she returns to it. The user can delete these cookies at any time.
Even if these advertising cookies are not used, please note that you will be provided with advertisements on our site; however, these advertisements will not be tailored to your interests. These advertisements can, for instance, be modified according to the content of the website. You can compare this type of content-related Internet advertisements with advertising on television.
How Cookies Are Used For Online Analytics Purposes?
We may use web analytics services on our Services, such as, but not limited to those of Google Analytics. These services help us analyze how users use the services, including by noting the third-party site from which you arrive. The information collected by the technology will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers, who use the information to evaluate your use of the Services. We also use Google Analytics for certain purposes related to online marketing, as described in the following section.
Google Analytics uses performance cookies to track customer’s interactions. For example, by using cookies, Google can tell us which pages our users view, which are most popular, what time of day our website is visited, whether visitors have been to our website before, what website referred the visitor to our website, and other similar information. All of this information is anonymized.
The user may at any time revoke consent in relation to this Cookies Policy by deleting the cookies stored on the computer through the configuration and settings of your Internet browser, as listed above.
Updated on 16 May, 2021